The L1 visa can be used by established foreign companies expanding operations or opening new offices within the United States. For foreign employers or business owners seeking to send an employee to the United States as an executive or manager to establish a new office, the employer must prove:

  • The employer has secured sufficient physical premises to house the new office;
  • The employee has been employed as an executive or manager for one continuous year in the three (3) years preceding the filing of the petition; and
  • The new U.S. office will support an executive or managerial position within one year of the approval of the petition.

Qualified L1A visa employees entering the United States to open a new office will be granted a visa for an initial one year time period.  All other qualified employees will be allowed a maximum initial stay of three (3) years.  For all L1 visa employees, requests for extension of stay can be granted in increments of up to an additional two (2) years, until the employee has reached the maximum limit of seven (7) years. In some cases extensions can exceed the seven (7) year maximum. Qualified L1A executives can even obtain permanent resident status (green card) in the United States. L1A Visa to Green Card

If you have questions about the L1A visa for expanding operations or opening a new office in the United States, contact Mr. Richards today.

Call: 716-832-2222 or Email: