As a Partner at Richards & Kruger Immigration Law, I devote my legal practice to the Immigration and Nationality Law of The United States of America, specifically I assist employers and employees obtain work authorization for the U.S. I am admitted to practice law in New York State and am a registered Foreign Legal Consultant with The Law Society of Upper Canada.
A main part of my legal practice is working with employers, employees, and business owners to obtain L1 visa status to work within U.S. A main part of my L1 visa practice is facilitating the expansion of foreign companies into the U.S. I have experience with applications through U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services and at approved ports of entry. I have represented very small start-up companies and multi-million dollar companies transfer employees and expand operations into the U.S. marketplace. I have extensive experience with L1 visas including: L1A visas, L1B visas, RFE responses, business expansion, blanket L petitions, extensions, consular processing, change of status, amendments, L1B to L1A, and all aspects of the L1 visa application process.
In addition to assisting with the L1 visa process, I also assist my clients with:
- TN NAFTA status for Canadians and Mexicans,
- Border issues,
- H1B Visas,
- EB1 green card applications;
- O visas for those that have demonstrated extraordinary ability
- P visas for athletes, artists and entertainers,
- B1/B2 Visitor Visas for tourism and business,
- Employment-based green cards, and
- U.S. Citizenship.
- Bachelor of Arts degree in English Literature from Utah Valley University
- Juris Doctor Degree from the State University of New York at Buffalo
- New York State Bar
- The Law Society of Upper Canada Foreign Legal Consultant
Memberships & Associations
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association
- Erie County Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
I am actively involved in the community through ecclesiastical service, community service, youth sporting programs, The Boy Scouts of America and am an avid outdoorsman. I am an Eagle Scout, served a 2-year mission in Salvador, Brazil for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Proficient in Portuguese) and am the proud father of seven (7) children.